We are an established, forward-thinking supplier of electoral software solutions to Local Authorities across the UK.
Our customers are at the centre of everything we do. So, our mission is to empower them with reliable, user-friendly and contemporary electoral software combined with an exceptional support service.
There are nearly 400 Local Authorities in the UK, responsible for running every government election and referendum for the voters in their area. We have been a key player in this market since 1998, when we introduced the first Windows-based electoral registration and election management software designed for UK electoral administrators.
We endeavour to lead the way within our industry by:
- Ensuring our software is fast-evolving, focusing on the best user experience possible
- Continuing to introduce creative and innovative software solutions to the UK electoral community
- Delivering efficiencies to Local Authorities, in turn helping them to deliver a better service to voters
- Providing exceptional individualised support to electoral administrators; we listen, we advise and we help solve problems, always going the extra mile
A Responsible Company
We take Corporate Social Responsibility seriously; it is embedded in our values...
Enhancing our community
- We support a local school by offering an extra-curriculum scheme designed to give their pupils a taste for programming
- We pay each member of staff to spend at least one day a year contributing to the local community or working for a charity of their choice
- We provide local employment and support local community organisations, including the school, community newsletter and clubs such as the cricket club
- Over 80% of our spending is with small companies that employ fewer than 50 people
- We offer work experience to young people through the Year in Industry Scheme
- Every year we donate over £3,000 to charities.
- We are a proud Honorary Corporate Member of Friends of Roshni UK, a charity which works with Roshni, a special school and therapy centre for children and young adults with neurological disabilities in India
At Halarose we only use electricity supplied by:
- The photovoltaic solar plates on the roof of our purpose-built offices
- Ecotricity, whose electricity and gas has the lowest carbon footprint of any available in Britain
Recycling of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (‘WEEE’)
- We ensure that all WEEE is disposed of safely and appropriately by an Environment Agency approved licensed waste carrier
Recycling of office consumables
- When there is a choice, we only purchase goods that are produced from recycled material and/or can be recycled after use.
- We sort all our office waste to ensure that we take advantage of all recycling opportunities
Reducing our carbon footprint on the roads
- We offer the cycle-to-work scheme to our employees, and approximately 30% of the Halarose Team cycle or walk to work on a regular basis
Pioneering paper-saving electoral registration
Halarose leads the way in helping Local Authorities to reduce their environmental impact. We are the leading innovators in electronic electoral registration, introducing registration confirmation by text message in 2006 and the eCanvass, a completely paperless registration method, in 2010.
We work with numerous different organisations and build strong partnerships for three major reasons:
- Improve the services and products that we supply. We work in a close partnership with worldwide leader in internet voting, Scytl, on the best-selling polling staff training solution, Election Trainer. This adds great value to the products that we can offer. And working with major scanner, printer and other hardware suppliers like Fujitsu gives us an opportunity to test our product compatibility with their products.
- Make our customer`s daily tasks easier by offering products that they would have to outsource otherwise. Working with hardware suppliers like Fujitsu, Kodak, HP and Zebra means that our customers can purchase various items from these companies through us. That saves a lot of research and communication time for our customers.
- Expanding our community and opportunities to get involved in different business, support, awareness or charity projects.
We have unique relationship with every Partner Organisation that we work with depending on their business model, ethos and requirements. This allows us to include the business objectives and plans from both sides and ensure that everyone is benefiting from the partnership.